Giving blood to help in the medical care of others merits respect, trust, and appreciation. Donors, prospective donors, and our community should have full confidence in Winter Haven Hospital Community Blood Center as stewards of the blood supply and should expect the following from our organization and staff:
- To be treated with courtesy and respect in all interactions with Winter Haven Hospital Community Blood Center and its representatives.To be informed of the steps involved in the collection, processing, and distribution of donated blood and to be assured that donations are used for the purposes for which they are given.
- To receive prompt, truthful, and straightforward answers to questions about the donation process.
- To be assured that all information about donations is handled with confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for donations.
- To be assured that our organization meets or exceeds all federal, state, and industry standards and regulations related to the collection and handling of donated blood.
- To expect that our business relationships are conducted according to high ethical standards.